- This beautiful statue of Saint Francis of Assisi is hand carved in Bethlehem. Depicting St. Francis with dove
- St. Francis was an Italian Roman Catholic monk and is the founder of the Franciscan order.
- Pope Gregory IX canonised Francis on 16 July 1228. Along with Saint Catherine of Siena, he was designated Patron saint of Italy. He later became associated with patronage of animals and the natural environment, and it became customary for Catholic and Anglican churches to hold ceremonies blessing animals on his feast day of 4 October.
- On a pilgrimage to Rome, he joined the poor in begging at St. Peter's Basilica, an experience that moved him to live in poverty. Francis returned home, began preaching on the streets, and soon gathered followers. His Order was authorized by Pope Innocent III in 1210.
- Please note: photo is an example of the product, not the exact one that is sent
This beautiful statue of Saint Francis of Assisi is hand carved in Bethlehem. Depicting St. Francis with dove About 8.4 Inches tall
Payment & Security
Su información de pago se procesa de forma segura. No almacenamos los detalles de la tarjeta de crédito ni tenemos acceso a la información de su tarjeta de crédito.