- Byzantine period oil lamp replica, as found between Jerusalem and Bethlehem
- Made in Hebron in the mountains of Judea
- 4 x 2.6 x 1.2 Inches. Color might now match exactly .. see variations as they are listed.
- The Lamp is coated already but not so heavily. For better results it is better to coat it extra with some polyurethane to seal the inside so the oil doesn't seep through the bottom & sides. This special lamp is glazed to ensure oil will not leak when in use.
- Each comes with special wick for burning. You can use Paraffin or Olive oil for burning.
palm sized lamp is a replica of the lamps used at the time King Herod. These lamps were made from clay that was baked, terra cotta. The Herodian lamp dates from about 50BC through the time of Christ. It is wheel made with the spout added later. Olive oil is the preferred fuel for burning. This very well could have been the style of lamp in Mary and Joseph's house and also the lamp type that was used in the Upper Room.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.